We will study about the “Directions”. It is basically for denoting the ways where person goes. Questions that appears in bank exams from this section is to find different path in different angles. Candidates solve the questions from following tricks and shortcuts. Applicant must have download in PDF.
There are four main directions – East, West, North and South as shown below:
There are four cardinal directions – North-East (N-E), North-West (N-W), South-East (S-E), and South-West (S-W) as shown below:
- At the time of sunrise if a man stands facing the east, his shadow will be towards west.
- At the time of sunset the shadow of an object is always in the east.
- If a man stands facing the North, at the time of sunrise his shadow will be towards his left and at the time of sunset it will be towards his right.
- At 12:00 noon, the rays of the sun are vertically downward hence there will be no shadow.
- Find shortest direction by Pythagoras formula i.e. where h=Hypotenuse,p=perpendicular & b=base.