English language section is considered as one of the most vital section of IBPS Exam. Many candidates miss there chance to crack IBPS exam because they are unable to qualify English language sectional cutoffs. So, today we are going to provide you the perfect study plan for English language section, do read it carefully and follow it your preparation process.
Books for English Language Preparation
- Word Power Made Easy by the author Norman Lewis– This book contains the root words from which the actual English words are made it is very good for building up vocabulary.
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi– All topics are explained with good number of examples for practicing
- High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin – All topics are explained with good number of examples for practicing.
- Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal Publications– All the topics are explained with good number of theory and examples for practicing.
- Better English by the author Norman Lewis– This book helps to understand science of English and makes the vocabulary strong.
- Bank exam English book by Hari Prasad (Objective English)
- R.S.Agrawal(Objective general)
- Ebglish book by Kiran Prakashans.
- Arihant books General English for exam
- Objective English by Ajay Singh
Syllabus of English
The syllabus for English language section consists some of the basic yet important topics. So, we are going to provide you a handy list of topics which comes under the English language exam . Prepare yourself in accordance to these topics it will help you to score good marks in the English language section of IBPS exam Here are some useful list of books which will help the candidates in their preparation for the English section in IBPS examination. All questions in the question paper are of objective type and are multiple choice questions. The topics in the syllabus are as follows:
- Reading comprehension: Reading comprehension includes various passages in the question in which the candidate will have to understand the passage by reading it and then answering the questions .
- Error spotting: To solve this phase of English language section the candidate must ensure that he prepares his grammar knowledge effectively. It is quite easy to solve.
- Sentence Re-arrangement: Sentence Re-arrangement includes re arranging the sentences in the questions which are usually given in a jumble format or puzzled.
- Correction of Error: Candidates will need to understand and learn the idioms and phrases as this part of English language consists of correction of errors in thee sentences.
- Cloze test: Cloze Test include questions related to passage . It is considered as one of the most easy questions as they are pretty easy to do.
How to improve English skills for bank exam
- Read daily newspapers and Educational magazines
- Increase your vocabulary by regular practice
- Take at least 50 words from dictionary daily and learn and write their meanings .
- Practice various previous sample papers
Tips & Strategy
Arrangement and re-arrangement of sentences
In this segment, candidate should know how to form sentences and re-arranging the words to form proper sentences.
Keep an eye on the Grammar
Grammar is the main part of English language. candidates should focus on active/passive voice, sentence making, direct and indirect speeches, use of verbs, tense and other questions pertaining to basic grammar.
Do Regular Reading to increase the reading skills
Reading definitely helps in increasing the English language skills. This also improves the vocabulary and knowledge of English language and helps in solving questions related to synonyms, antonyms, homonyms, phrases and idioms etc.
Writing Practice will help you to increase your speed in the examination and will also make a strong impact on your learning ability .
This article is also related to :-
ibps exam preparation book study material pdf
ibps exam preparation books free download pdf
ibps exam preparation online test
ibps exam preparation syllabus
English Books for IBPS Exam Preparation
English Vocabulary English Grammar
Exam Tips & Tricks