General awareness is an important section in IBPS Recruitment. This section comes in all government jobs exams in India. Due to some large database facts in this section man, many students score less marks in this section. Students are not much aware of the shortcut tricks and techniques to prepare the current affairs or general awareness for IBPS Bank exam. General Awareness comes in all exams like Clerk, PO, SO and others. Here we will discuss about General Awareness related to IBPS bank exam (जनरल जागरूकता रिलेटेड टू आईबीपीस बैंक एग्जाम ).
What is the meaning of General Awareness
How to prepare General awareness or GK for banking examinations (कैसे करें जनरल जागरूकता या जीके बैंकिंग परीक्षाओं के लिए तैयारी): General awareness is that section which is asked in all the possible Government examinations. In the banking sector, general awareness will constitute questions on bank and some social news. Topics for general awareness are as follows: - Awards, New appointment in banking sector, list of international airports, financial year budget and other news. Also see how to prepare current affairs in IBPS exam.
Sections of general awareness
There are three main section in IBPS Bank Examination :-
- Banking Awareness
- Indian Banking History
- Current Affairs
- Static GK
Major topics for IBPS bank Exam
General knowledge or general awareness section of IBPS exam encloses various topics such as current affairs questions, Indian Banking History, General Bank Awareness questions and some General Knowledge questions. Major topics are: -
- Current affairs of last six months.
- Questions on Indian Economy.
- Questions on International economy.
- Various organizations related to U.N.O. and W.H.O. etc.
- Questions on Bank marketing.
- Questions on Indian Constitution
- Questions on Sports
- Questions on Books & their authors
- Questions on RBI
Number of question paper wise
|IBPS Exam GK Section||No. Of Questions||Marks|
|IBPS Clerk Exam General Awareness Paper||40||40|
|IBPS Specialist Officer Exam General Awareness Paper||50||50|
|IBPS PO Exam General Awareness Paper||40||40|
|IBPS RRB Exam General Knowledge Paper||40||40|
Importance of General Awareness
General Awareness acquires a huge importance in IBPS examination. It is an integral part of all IBPS examinations :
(i) General Awareness section has become an important part of popular IBPS Banking Recruitment Examinations conducted in India.
(ii) This section allows the examiner to understand the level of candidate’s awareness about national and international banking new, National current affairs, sports knowledge. Actually it review how much educated the candidate is, in accordance to the current business and banking sector.
(iii) While most exams check only your general awareness, this section some how checks your knowledge of banking sector of the country.
Strategies for preparing the general awareness
There are some strategies for the general awareness which a candidate should keep in mind:
- Make specific study plan for the exam.
- Read daily newspaper and banking related magazines.
- Watch daily news for 15 to 30 minutes of current news of the world.
- Read the monthly magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan, Banking Service Chronicle and Arihant.
- Attend online quizzes and mock tests regularly.
- For Banking, Economy & Financial News– To cover Banking, Economy & Financial News the candidate must read various online newspapers – The Economics times (Banking & Finance section), Business today (Economy & Market section) and Financial Express (Economy section).
- Learn By relating matter with any Images or story: You can always use this easy trick by making an image or any story in your mind and relate it to the topic . This will help you to remember the specific content.
What to Prepare In Current Affairs or General Awareness
Here this article is related to :-
ibps general awareness questions with answers download pdf
जनरल अवेयरनेस क़ुएस्तिओन्स फॉर इबपस बैंक एग्जाम
आईबीपीएस के लिए तैयारी कैसे करे
आईबीपीएस के लिए समाजिक ज्ञान तैयारी कैसे करे