IBPS SO 2016-17 Exam for IBPS IT Officer Exam has been schedule in the month of January, 2017 as stated by the IBPS so it is advised to the aspirants that they should know How to Prepare for IBPS SO Exam as well as know about the job profile & the various responsibilities that the candidate must fulfill in case they get selected for the post. IBPS SO Marketing Officer exam will also be conducted in january 2017. That's why this article is proposed and made to acquaint the aspirants with the various importance and responsibilities of an IBPS SO IT Officer in a bank. So, today we'll be going to tell you the job profile, salary and career promotion of an SO IT Officer, for that you must check IBPS Specialist Officer Exam Pattern 2016-17 (SPL CWE VI)
IBPS SO IT Officer Job Profile
In an Bank it is pretty much necessary to make sure that the functioning and working of a bank remains glitch-free and easy, and for that having a strong technology support is very important. After the introduction of the ‘Core Banking’ tech support needed for the bank has increased briskly. He/she is responsible for boost up the bank's value by leading the technology related work smoothly and efficiently.
So, basically IBPS SO IT Officers are employed in a bank to handle and take care of the workings related to the software and network systems, arrangement of databases, maintenance of servers, evaluating and installing new technology for betterment of the bank in technology related field. Students who have applied for PO prelims can download their IBPS PO Prelims Admit Card 2016.
Responsibilities of an IBPS IT Officer in a bank
Given below are the various responsibilities of an IT Officer:
- IBPS IT Officers working is mainly concerned with bank's network security, Anti-fraud management, sabotaging various networking risks, checking on computer equipment by inspecting anti-virus updation etc.
- IBPS IT Officers are also responsible for the managing their IT team which can support the bank's core banking system by end-to-end tech measures.
- They are also solely responsible for handling of data and the core banking application files with procedural documentation and maintaining the shift duty labeling.
- The IBPS IT Officer's responsibility also includes setting up and managing of the new users accounts, their profiles and passwords.
- Development of new software and applications is also important part where modifying the bank’s existing software is also done by the officer.
- Controlling Bank’s internal security and protecting customer's details is also very necessary as any loose foot may result in breaching and leaking of information .
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of all ATM related activities are under the care of IBPS IT Officer. He is responsible for management of various tech subsystems like ATM, Mobile banking, Kiosks, Internet banking etc.
Selection procedure for IBPS SO IT Officer
The selection Process includes :
IBPS SO Exam
Salary Scale of an IBPS SO IT Officer
The salary scale for the year 2016-17 includes:
|Basic Pay||Annual Increment||Number of years|
The approximate salary of SO IT Officer for the year will be around 31,000-38,000 per month.
The Career promotion of the IBPS IT Officer is shown in the picture below:
- IT officer in bank salary
- ibps it officer 2017
- specialist officer in bank salary
- ibps IT officer salary
- role of IT officer in public sector bank