IBPS PO Syllabus 2016 – Here, we are updating the latest IBPS PO syllabus as directed by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. Institute conducts a CWE every year for recruitment of Bank PO (Probationary officers) and Management Trainees. Like all those years, this year too, IBPS is going to conduct a CWE for which here is all you need to prepare. Check this latest IBPS PO syllabus below –
Pattern for IBPS PO Exam – According to IBPS regulations, recruitment exams are going to occur in two phases in which all questions shall be objective. The marking pattern goes as this –
- For every correct answer, candidate gets a mark of 1.
- For every wrong answer, 0.25 shall get deducted from the total score.
- There is no deduction or addition in case a question isn’t attempted and the answer for that is left as blank.
Number of topics that consist the total IBPS PO syllabus 2016.
There are total of 5 topics that you must be aware of and prepared about, if you are going to appear in the IBPS PO exam this year. These topics try to check the mental skills as well as calculation speed of a candidate and based upon various other factors, the final score gets calculated to recruit candidates.
The five topics that you need to cover are :
- Reasoning – This topic mainly checks you mental skill and reflexes so that you can show off your presence of mind. This set of questions consists mainly of logical reasoning, Syllogisms, Blood relation questions, Input output, coding relations, alphanumeric series, ranking and direction test, data sufficiency, coded inequalities and much more.
- English Language – This set of questions is in the IBPS Syllabus to check your language skills as most of the official documentation is done in English language. It consists of comprehension reading and writing, cloze test, fill in the blanks questions, multiple meaning or error spotting questions, para jumbles and some other questions from various categories.
- Quantitative Aptitude – It checks you calculations skills and is consisting these topics as mentioned – Simplification, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Number Systems, Profit & Loss, Mixtures & allegations, Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices, Work & Time, Time & Distance, Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere, Sequence & Series, Permutation, Combination & Probability, Data Interpretation.
- General Awareness – This section consists of general questions about geography, history and present day laws about banking and more. It also talks about current affairs and what is happening around in India and world these days.
- Computer Knowledge – Some of the main topics that this section covers are – Hardware, Software, Database, Communication, Networking (LAN, WAN, MAN), Internet (Concept, History, working environment, Application), Security Tools, Virus, Hacker, MS Windows & MS Office, Logic Gates, Number System, History of Computers etc.
Marking pattern (subject wise) for the exam is as follows –
|S No.||Topic / Subject (Objective)||Total
|1||Reasoning||50||2 hours overall.|
|4||General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry)||40|
This article is Related to :-
ibps po syllabus 2016
ibps exam patterns