IBPS RRB Officer Scale I & Assistant Prelims Exam
IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) has already announced a two tier examination for IBPS RRB Prelims and IBPS RRB Mains which will take place this year. The IBPS RRB Recruitment will be held for the posts of IBPS RRB Officer Scale I and IBPS RRB Office Assistant . So, the students are advised to buck up themselves as there is only one month left for the Prelims Exam. Aspirants for this examination can check rrb (regional rural bank) notes to prepare better.
- Regional Rural Banks listed at (A) as Group “A”-Officers (Scale- I, II & III)
- Group “B”-Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
The recent information to all the candidates who are appearing in this examination is that there is a change in exam pattern. But don't worry because we will guide you with all the preparation strategy and tips for Prelims exam.
RRB Prelims Exam pattern
The exam pattern for both the prelims exams is same . Just check the below given information about the pattern of Examination.
Subject Section Name
Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Ability
Total no. of Marks
Time duration for both the examinations will be same i.e. 45 minutes.
How to prepare for the Exam
Since we told you that the examination is going to be held in the month of November, 2016. So, that means there’s only a little over a month left. So, for that every aspirant should focus on identifying, analyzing and improving his/her weak areas. Candidate should also start to work on increasing his speed and accuracy for particular subjects. To do this, we recommend you to follow our 4 week preparation strategy:
Preparation Strategy and Tips
As, stated earlier we will provide you 4-week preparation strategy for you Regional Rural Bank pre examination.
1st and 2nd Week
Gather Study Material: Gather appropriate study material related to your pre exam which includes books, ppt slides, videos, study notes, and last 3 years IBPS RRB Question Papers.
Prepare a list for yourself: After gathering the study material, just go through all of the previous years quantitative aptitude and reasoning questions. Note down the important recurring questions such as weight and age distinction.
Go through the Basics: Now, just go through the study material and brush up your basics from reasoning and QA like basic and advanced formulas, tables, distinction etc. Try to attempt questions from the solved papers as it will make sure that you’ve attempted the questions perfectly.
3rd and 4th Week
For 3rd and 4th week you will have to follow these following steps:
- Focus on all the questions that you’ve attempted from your study material.
- Note down your weak and strong areas, mark the questions from the various topics and do the necessary practice.
- Attempt more questions from your weak areas.
- Try various mock tests for the pre examinations.
- Work on increasing your speed by marking every question a specific time.
Important Topics in Reasoning and QA
The important topics from QA sections are:
For reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude practice you should try
- Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude by Nishit Sinha
Quantum by Sarvesh Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by R. S. Aggarwal
The important topics from Reasoning sections are:
- Analytical Reasoning
- Direction sense
- Blood relations
Candidates who are also appearing in IBPS PO prelims can download IBPS PO Pre 2016 Admit Card also.
RRB Prelims 2016 Tips & Tricks
- For both the sections there are 45 minutes and each section is of 40 marks. Always start with the section in which you are strong.
- If it takes too much time in solving any question just leave it for the last by doing ‘Mark it for Review’.
- If there is any question that is of moderate difficulty just do it mentally avoid using rough sheet as it will consume more time.
- Do not do guess work for the questions. Attempt every question with confidence.