This is the important topics for IBPS bank exams and other competitive exams i.e.” Time,Speed,Distance”.You can learn some formulas and basic terms used.If you think that how to solve problems on trains using the shortcut, tricks, and tips for that. For this topic,questions asked in Pre exam and also Main exams.You can also download these study materials in PDF format.
The rate of change of distance with respect to time.
It is the time duration over which the movement has occurred.
Total area covered with in respect of time.
Conversion & Basic points for time,speed & distance
- km/hr to m/s – Let speed will be ‘a’ km/hr then multiply by m/s
- m/s to km/hr – Let speed will be ‘a’ m/s then multiply by km/hr
- Time taken by a train to pass a pole or standing man or a signal post is equal to the time taken by the train to cover itself.
- Time taken by a train of length l meters to pass a stationery object of length b meters is the time taken by the train to cover (l + b) meters.
- Suppose two trains or two objects bodies are moving in the same direction at u m/s and vm/s, where u > v, then their relative speed is = (u – v) m/s.
- Suppose two trains or two objects bodies are moving in opposite directions at u m/s and vm/s, then their relative speed is = (u + v) m/s.
- If two trains of length a metres and b metres are moving in opposite directions at u m/s andv m/s, then:time taken to cross each other=
- If two trains of length a metres and b metres are moving in the same direction at u m/s andv m/s, then:time taken to cross each other=
- If two trains (or bodies) start at the same time from points A and B towards each other and after crossing they take a and b sec in reaching B and A respectively, then:(A’s speed) : (B’s speed) = :
Question & Answers
Question 1: A train 240 m long passes a pole in 24 seconds. How long will it take to pass a platform 650 m long?
Question 2: A 720 meters long train cross a man standing in 60 seconds. What would be the speed of the train ?
Question 3: An aeroplane covers a certain distance at a speed of 240 kmph in 5 hours. To cover the same distance in 12⁄3 hours, it must travel at a speed of: